June 2013

The sheriff just served me with a “Notice of Right to Have Exemptions Designated,” what do I do now?

Jun 23 2013 by William Berggren    North Carolina law sets forth certain “exemptions” that you, the judgment debtor, are entitled to.  Exemptions allow you to keep …

June 2013

The sheriff just served me with a “Summons and Complaint,” what do I do now?

Jun 23 2013 by William Berggren    The goal of the plaintiff / creditor that filed the lawsuit is to obtain a judgment against you, and in …


If I file bankruptcy in North Carolina what property may I keep or claim as exempt?

Sep 18 2013 by William Berggren    Upon the filing of the bankruptcy petition all property that the debtor has an interest in becomes part of the …

October 2013

Which Creditors Need to Be Listed in Your Bankruptcy Schedules?

Oct 02 2013 by William Berggren    Short Answer: All creditors must be listed (no exceptions).    People or businesses file bankruptcy, you don’t file against this debt …

Schedule a free consultation today!

The information contained on this website is presented for informational and marketing purposes only and is not to be understood as legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice respecting your individual needs. Berggren Law Offices, PLLC looks forward to speaking with you about your particular needs. Please note, however, that the mere act of contacting our firm does not create an attorney-client relationship. As a result, you should never send any confidential information to our office until a Representation Agreement has been signed by both you and Berggren Law Offices, PLLC.

11 USC Sec. 528 Disclosures
We are bankruptcy attorneys assisting clients file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
The information provided on this website is intended for use by individuals seeking general information about bankruptcy. No Attorney client relationship is created by use of this website or the information contained herein. It is provided as a service and does not constitute legal advice. It is an attempt to provide quality information, but no claims, promises or guarantees are made about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws, including the common law, are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the research and advice of competent counsel. Also, no representation is made that the information provided is current as of any particular date.
Scroll to Top